Multi-Species Marine Traps
Used Aquaculture & Processing Machinery
Fukui's Monthly News Letter
Bio-Cord Application and Usage
Bio-Cord has been recognized as a promising water treatment tool that has attracted the attention of many foreign governments and industries.
It is being used in small and medium sized rivers all over Japan, especially those in central Japan where Fukui (our mother company) is based. In one case, the Bio-Cord system proved able to cleanse a river so well that the BOD (biological oxygen demand) fell approximately 29% from 76 PPM to 54 PPM.
A successful application of Bio-Cord was demonstrated at a sewage treatment plant in Geiselbullach, Germany. The report for this study, in PDF format, can be downloaded here. (The Adobe Acrobat reader, used to view PDF documents, can be downloaded for free.)
Hog-farming is another area where bio-cord is used, reducing phosphorus, nitrogen, and total suspended solids dramatically. It also removes the odours associated with hog-farming.
There are many other areas where this amazing product can be used to clean water. Some of them are listed below, with links to pictures of Bio-Cord installed in various applications.
(Click the images for a larger version)
Bio-Cord module being lowered into reactor lagoon on hog farm in Japan
Preparing Bio-Cord module for waste water treatment plant
Bio-Cord module in fish farming application
Typical Bio-Cord Usage
- Public filtering plants - Office buildings, schools, homes, towns, etc.
- Public institutions - Highway service areas, parks, surface water drainage ponds, landscaping/golf course ponds, etc.
- Food factories - Breweries, fisheries, dairies, snack foods, etc.
- Public eating places - Restaurants, hotels, fast-food shops, etc.
- Deodorizing machines - Food factories, waste treatment plants, etc.
- Waste filtering systems - Homes, apartments, etc.
- Recycling water plants - Homes, buildings, factories, etc.
- Factory recycling water - Cooling/filtering systems.
- Swimming pools - Filtering and elimination of NH3N.
- Cleaning rivers and lakes - Expedite elimination of Nitrogen and Phosphorus.
- Pre-treatment of drinking water - Cleaning the water supply.
- Farming/Ranching - Manure lagoons, etc.
- Fisheries/Aquariums - Freshwater / salt water recycling systems, sludge pits, settling ponds.
- Aquaculture industry - Hatcheries, nurseries, ponds, specific sites, etc.
Bio-Cord module with four types of cord.
Close-up showing attachment of Bio-Cord to pipes with nylon straps.
To receive a quote on this product, please fill out our quote request form.
Fukui North America
PO Box 669
110-B Bonnechere St.W.
Eganville, Ontario K0J 1T0
**NEW**Tel: 613-559-0075 or 613-628-5266
**NEW** FAX: (613) 628-5978
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-639-3474
Copyright © 1999-2004 Fukui North America. All rights reserved.