Multi-Species Marine Traps
Used Aquaculture & Processing Machinery
Fukui's Monthly News Letter
Features and Benefits
To receive a quote on this product, please fill out our quote request form.
- Does not require frequent cleaning due to the cords' ability to cast off accumulated solids via gravity while maintaining activity; resulting in water treatment that is more stable.
- A properly designed system is 100% environmentally friendly.
- The Bio-Cord system can be included in the design of new or retrofitted to existing recirculation
systems; this flexibility allows for site specific applications.
- Increased amount of surface areas holds a large quantity of microorganisms per unit length
compared to other bio-filter media; therefore less area is taken up by the bio-filter.
- Inexpensive to operate and maintain. A four million gallon unit requires only a total of 30-hp and
2 hours per day of attention to ensure operational parameters. Due to the high solids removal, settling ponds lagoons do not have to be cleaned out as often.
- 97% nitrogen and 98% solids removal with right chemistry.
- By reducing the solids, you reduce the BOD (biological oxygen demand) therefore less oxygen is required, also lowers phosphorus and nitrogen levels.
- Other advantages include: reduced odor and make up flow is decreased.
- In fish applications it provides food for microbiological feeders as well as a substrate for eggs sacs (when deployed directly in the water column)
- Effective in high sludge applications, up to 10% TSS (total suspended solids) such as fish farm settling ponds, hog lagoons.
- Bio-Cord is lightweight and void fraction is large therefore installation and maintenance is easy.
Fukui North America
PO Box 669
110-B Bonnechere St.W.
Eganville, Ontario K0J 1T0
**NEW**Tel: 613-559-0075 or 613-628-5266
**NEW** FAX: (613) 628-5978
email@example.com or call 613-639-3474
Copyright © 1999-2004 Fukui North America. All rights reserved.